Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Using Electronic Stimulation to Treat Migraines

Electronic MassagerOddly enough, while attending a travel show there was a booth that was promoting an electronic device that is used to relax muscles and stimulate nerves.  When I went to the

chiropractor they used a similar device.  The device has four pads that you place on the areas of tension for you.  For migraines it is suggested that you place them on your shoulders, upper back and neck.

The pads are connected to wires and when it is turned on it will send a small electronic pulse causing the muscles to contract and then release.  You can control the intensity as well as various pulse patterns.  For example one feels like vibrating while another feels like pounding. 

MigraineIt’s a little weird at first because your muscles are contracting without you controlling it but I find it to be very relaxing.  With some of my migraines I can feel it in my left shoulder beforehand.  The muscles in my shoulder will start tightening up to the point it’s painful.  When this starts to happen I will put this device on in order to loosen that muscle up.

You can find these devices on Amazon from $20 to $199.  They go by different names, if you search for electronic muscle stimulator or electronic pulse massager, you will find a wide variety of these devices.  

No comments:

Post a Comment